We have organized the architecture of this site to help you find relevant info:
- About Us:
- About Us – People, Beliefs, History
- Ministries & Activities – contains general descriptions of all groups and activities
- Governance – People, Structure, and other docs
- Events : Calendar of all Sunday Services and all other Events
- month view
- list view
- photo view
- Submit an Event – form
- News: Other articles
- News – Our Blog
- Ministry Blog
On every page, the header (top of page) and footer (bottom of page) are identical and contain links to all content.
- MAIN MENU is in the upper right hand corner. On mobile devices it will appear as three lines known as a ‘hamburger’ icon which will open into a hierarchical menu.
- FOOTER MENU has additional links at the very bottom of each page.
- PUUF LOGO in the upper left corner of the header links back to the HOME PAGE.
- FOOTER – Contains contact info, Email Signup, a brief list of upcoming events and link to the full Events Calendar.
Site content is organized as follows:
- HOMEPAGE welcomes visitors and shows buttons to Sunday Services, View Events Calendar, More About Us.
- HOMEPAGE also contains additional messaging and a gallery of photos of the grounds and congregation.
- We want to use more high-quality photos for the gallery to replace some of the less dynamic ones. Contact the office if you have taken any great shots that you want considered.
- ABOUT US page displays posts categorized as About Us—our congregation, beliefs, and Unitarian Universalism including our Welcome Statement, Newcomers, Next Steps, Our Covenant, What we Believe, Our Mission, Principles and Purposes of UU, Sources of UU.
- GOVERNANCE page displays posts about the Governance of our Fellowship including our Executive Board, and documents related to how we work as an organization.
- Selected pages have also been added toward the bottom of the ABOUT US page including Minister & Staff, Governance, History of Our Fellowship.
- (Admin) For posts to show on this page, you must check the category ‘About Us’. We don’t want to add much here. We can consolidate and simplify some of what is here.
EVENTS (Might be listed as Calendar)
- CALENDAR displays all scheduled events.
- There are three different views for the calendar depending on your preference.
- In all views, click on the event title or the featured image to view full details.
- To switch to another calendar view, click on the square icon just above the upper right corner of the calendar view you are in, and you should see the 3 options:
- Month (Default view – like a standard calendar. Hover over the title to see a brief description. Click on the arrows at the upper left of the calendar to go to other months.)
- List (Text description with a photo to the right)
- Photo (Photo with Title below it, no description. This is a good view to see what is upcoming once you know what groups you are looking for, but may not be as good for new visitors who need a description. The button labeled VIEW EVENTS CALENDAR on the home page goes to this view.)
- (Admin – This calendar is contained within this WordPress site and should replace the Breeze Calendar, which might be used for managing people, but not event details.)
MINISTRIES & ACTIVITIES (Under Events)
- Over 50 different ways to get involved at PUUF.
- Every group and activity is listed here, with descriptions, contacts, and additional info.
- This is general info. The calendar is the place to find out the details of where and when.
- NEWS displays any posts categorized as ‘News’. The most recent news will display first.
- (Admin) Posts may be made sticky if you want them to always appear first in an archive page
- Eventually we will post new articles on various topics related to UU, and how our fellowship is connecting, building and supporting our community and the world.
- There is a submenu item for PODCASTS
- Donations to PUUF may be made here.
- (Admin) this may have an embedded form if easily secured. Otherwise it will take visitor to Breeze in a new tab.
- Contact Info, Map, and office hours. Email links for minister, staff, organizers, and board members.