We are committed to strong communities, families, and the education of our youth. This is our version of Sunday School. The vision of the Religious Exploration Committee is that children and youth ages 0 to 18 will…
- Develop a UU Identity;
- Become knowledgeable and aware of UU heritage, history and principles;
- Develop a dedication to service;
- Establish personal core values;
- Establish spiritual and religious traditions;
- Acquire the necessary tools to embark on a lifelong spiritual path
- Help to develop a connection and love for the Earth and to work together to create a path for EarthCare
Generally, children and youth are placed in classes according to their grade in school. Parents of home schooled children may discuss placement of their children with the Director of Children & Family Ministry.
Children and youth at Children’s Chapel finish in time for the family to attend service. Nursery ends when the service ends.
Picking up Children
Children in the Nursery and Explorers 1(Birth-2nd grade) class must have a parent or other agreed-upon responsible party pick them up from the classroom when class is over.
No playground Supervision
Please note that there is no supervision of the children on the fellowship grounds before or after service. Please supervise your children at these times. All children need to stay in the upper level of the property before, between and after services. Our property is large and it is important that we know where all the children are at all times.
Our Whole Lives (OWL) Lifespan Sexuality Program
Our congregation leads OWL classes for K-12th graders. Look for information about upcoming classes in emails sent out to the congregation and families. For more information about Our Whole Lives, please visit the UUA Website.